Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: PHASE HID - Support in VirtualDJ - Page: 3
So I'm just pointing out that the flexibility was added in competitor offerings for a reason - the Rane Twelve MK2s also readded DVS signal output even thought it's probably less efficient and leas accurate from a technical perspective.
At the end of the day, it's the user and how they feel that normally wins out, not the technical details (turntablists should have moved on from records + DVS to digital files + Rane Twelve or other controller like setup based on HID if that wasn't the case). Phase is a turntablist's device, so you can expect users with old preferences may have a similar say - I personally would only use it in HID mode, but someone else may prefer the DVS mode for some reason, even if it may just be in their head. VirtualDJ's strength/appeal is the flexibility, and that's all I'm alluding to with this.

With that said it's still up to you guys.

Mensajes Fri 24 Nov 23 @ 5:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
BTW, a new Early Access Build 7823 is available with Phase improvements.
Manual updated to reflect recent changes

Mensajes Fri 24 Nov 23 @ 5:29 pm
MakuzzPRO InfinityMember since 2015
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
@Makuzz I believe they are still ironing out the drift problem on platter manipulation (experienced when scratching/nudging/slowing down the platter using the side). They have fixed the problem of respecting the selected color in Phase Manager.

I'm sure they'll sort it. Was just reiterating one of your observations in your earlier post to notify it isn't an isolated case. My case is when using a ddj-sb3 as the controller with Phase.

Mensajes Fri 24 Nov 23 @ 9:11 pm
djdad wrote :
BTW, a new Early Access Build 7823 is available with Phase improvements.
Manual updated to reflect recent changes

This version, from the quick routines I've put it through with Phase and a S11, has very tight response to the remotes (everything might be reacting a bit faster/BPM Readout is more stable than the DVS use of it) and I've personally experienced no crashes while using it (M1 MacBook Pro 2020, 16GB RAM 👌🏾).

I've now retired my RCAs...good job Dev Team and happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the US 🍺.

Mensajes Fri 24 Nov 23 @ 10:10 pm
Has anyone got HID mode working with master tempo turned off. For me it is acting really strange, like some 'auto' or 'match' feature is on, but everything is off, including quantize.

Mensajes Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 1:43 am
I have added a short video to highlight the issue I mentioned above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFQg_tTIsXY

When master tempo is turned of in HID mode, it is causing huge random pitch jumps. Happening when pressing play or stop on the incoming/out going deck.
No issues at all in normal DVS mode though.

Mensajes Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 10:27 am
Video is completely silent.

Mensajes Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 10:30 am
I didn't record the audio because of the YouTube police, but you can still see what is happening to the pitch slider when play or stop is pressed.

Mensajes Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 10:40 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
When master tempo is off, the pitch slider will indeed more closely follow the pitch of the turntables, even when pitch bending or ramping up/down.

Mensajes Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 10:48 am
The huge pitch jumps are happening with the decks set to zero and quartz lock enabled though. Is this the correct behavior Adion?

Mensajes Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 10:58 am
yes, is that a problem?

Note that phase doesn't know about your pitch slider, it only knows about the rotation of your vinyl.

Mensajes Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 11:20 am
No problem at all. I will just have to make sure that MT is enabled, which I don't use as a rule in normal DVS mode. I thought it was maybe a bug. Thanks for the clarification.

Mensajes Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 11:52 am
I just recreated the pitch issue that DJ-BONGO1 reported. I think there is something to look at here.

1. load a song on a deck, something with vocals
2. disable master tempo

When you start the TT there are some weird pitch fluctuations in the first few seconds, that you won't see with real vinyl. You will hear it clearly if there are vocals. Also, when you stop the TT, the skin pitch slider will jump to full negative, ie. -8% or whatever the TT pitch range is set to. If the skin pitch range matches the TT pitch range, then it will look like on DJ-BONGO1's video.

If master tempo is on, none of this happens.

Mensajes Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 2:35 pm
I was able to reproduce it too - there are fairly huge fluctations with Master Tempo off compared to Master Tempo on, especially on start/stop.

Mensajes Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 3:46 pm
I was waiting for this update!! Thanks dev team for the work (even with the bugs mentioned ;)

Mensajes Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 8:47 pm
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Had a a quick question for those that have phase and now we have HID integration. I've been looking at getting it for ages and was just gonna grab a new set of Serato timecode records (purple marble my fav) and some new concordes as I need a new set anyway.

Is it just worth going down the Phase path or the alternative??

Mensajes Sun 26 Nov 23 @ 8:37 am
I think Phase is a fantastic innovation. You get the old skool feel in the digital era, and easy switching between analog and digital. And, it is quite affordable compared to e.g. a pair of CRSS12s.

No more worrying about dust, skipping, and constantly moving needles back.

The trade off is that you need to keep batteries charged. And batteries will degrade over time (but so will needles). Also, you can't nudge by grabbing the spindle, if that is how you like to do it.

Mensajes Sun 26 Nov 23 @ 10:50 am
New update available. Pitch readout should be stable with master tempo off as well now, and should fix the glitches.
Depending on your need, you can also turn off timecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend if you need faster pitch slider response. (But at the downside that pitch bend/brake etc... will also be shown on the pitch slider, so it would make beat-matching using waves or sync more difficult)

Mensajes Mon 27 Nov 23 @ 3:55 am
I can confirm that, at least from a few quick tests, b7827 does look like it fixes the pitch flux issue with Master Tempo off.
I'll do more testing at regular workday end to see if there are any other hiccups.

Mensajes Mon 27 Nov 23 @ 6:14 pm
Yup, I also did a short session and the pitch issue is fixed.

One thing I noticed is that the waveforms “twitch” somewhat when you manually pitch bend. But it’s just a cosmetic thing, it doesn’t affect operation.

😊

Mensajes Mon 27 Nov 23 @ 9:10 pm
31%