Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: How to restore bitrate info in database?
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I replaced some very old mp3 files with 128 kbps bitrate with new ones with 320 kbps, but the VDJ database still shows 128 kbps, even "Analyze for BPM etc" didn't help...

Mensajes Sun 28 Apr 24 @ 4:33 pm
If this songs not to important (info wise like play count, history etc..), what I usually do is I first REMOVE this songs from the DATABASE, Clean the Database, Restart VDJ and add this songs (like if it's new).

VDJ will see this songs as NEW and the info should be correct.

Mensajes Sun 28 Apr 24 @ 6:09 pm
Yes, this is the one way, how to bypass this "bug". But you must set all Cues again, enter again playcount, etc... it is too complicated.. Dev team ,please repair this "bug" in the next build of VDJ. "Analyze for BPM etc" should restore all information about the mp3 file in the database, or not? :-)

Mensajes Sun 28 Apr 24 @ 8:05 pm
Did you try restarting VDJ to see if the change is there?

Mensajes Sun 28 Apr 24 @ 8:15 pm
I replaced some files a long time ago, many restarts of VDJ since then, but the kbps info still shows old (even after Analyze for BPM etc)

Mensajes Sun 28 Apr 24 @ 8:27 pm
I had similar experience.. when using Tidal,
for a short period of time, the option: netsearchAudioQuality got switched to LOW, so the tracks, were first seen at a bitrate of 96.
After switching to the option to LOSSLESS, those tracks continued to indicate a bitrate of 96, even though tag editor, would show lossless, for the track.

Reported it then.
and as you say there is no easy way to get the bitrate, to update in the database.
(as it is not a user available field in tag editor, that could be cleared)
or as you say.. a rescan does not set the Bitrate correctly.

+1

Mensajes Sun 28 Apr 24 @ 8:27 pm
Just reanalyze the tracks.
It should detect the new bitrate, and you should reanalyze anyway in order to calculate the new autoGain value of the new files.

Mensajes Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 7:07 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Just reanalyze the tracks.
It should detect the new bitrate,

It SHOULD, but for some reason reanalyzing the track does NOT update the bitrate in the database.

(unless there has been change recently, that addressed this issue. I have not had reason to test that with say Tidal, recently, but could do the test, again. and since others are reporting now, the issue, assume it still does not update the bitrate in the database.)

not a big issue since it does not occur often

Mensajes Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 7:20 am
Well, I'm personally using this way to replace older lower quality tracks for ages, and it has always worked for me.
I use local files though.

Mensajes Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 7:30 am
here is example: of a Tidal, track that was first seen by VDJ w a bitrate of 96.

Tag Editor shows, as below:
NOTE: it has been reanalyzed, and the file size and bitrate are inconsistent with a 4+min flac lossless track:

Now one can download Tidal tracks to offline cache,
and appears as below in Tidal's offline, cached tracks:
(and shows bitrate of 96)

Looking at the file in with the os, one can see the actual file size IS consistent with it being flac, (NOT a 96 bitrate file of 3.37MB)

Even reanalyzing the Tidal cached track, the bitrate remains at a bitrate of 96.
Note Tag editor of the offline cached track DOES show correct file size though.

Summary:
Reanalyzing a track does NOT update the Bitrate currently in the database.
(same as in 2021 when this track was first seen by VDJ, and reported)

let me know if you cannot reproduce this, maybe something with my system.

win 10

Mensajes Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 8:07 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
here is example: of a Tidal, track that was first seen by VDJ w a bitrate of 96.

I don't mean to argue here.
Tidal is a different thing (streaming service) and has a lot of other stuff going on.

OP asked for PHYSICAL LOCAL FILES
Ludek wrote :
I replaced some very old mp3 files with 128 kbps bitrate with new ones with 320 kbps, but the VDJ database still shows 128 kbps, even "Analyze for BPM etc" didn't help...

And reanalyzing works fine in this case. I do it all the time, and of course I double checked before I made my post above.
So, the answer to OP is CORRECT:
REANALYZE the track.

Your issue with Tidal is different, since you're not replacing a physical file directly.
Yes, it looks like there's a bug there. And that bug should get reported and fixed.
But it's not the same case as what OP asks and wants.

Mensajes Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 8:23 am
Thanks PhantomDJ for the quick reply.

Never arguing.... always.. trying to not be misunderstood, and to point out a possible issue,.. with detail.. :)

Once the Tidal track has been cached .. shouldn't it behave like a local file.

The as tested, local cached track's incorrect bitrate is not fixed with a reanalyze.

Yes, a vdjcache file maybe be the difference, in this case, as it is not a typical local file.

both the netsearch reference to the track .... and the locally cached track's bitrate is not corrected with a reanalyze.

Mensajes Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 8:42 am
Interesting, it didn't work for me until yesterday and today I tried again and "Analyze for BPM etc" now restores the correct value of kbps in database for local mp3 files. :-)

edit: just tested with new replaced file, but Reanalyze with good kbps detecting is working only after restart VDJ, hmmmm...

Mensajes Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 3:16 pm
Created test, of local file.

1) found local file with a bitrate of 96.
(reanalyzed it, with current build, as starting point, file size info would suggest it is indeed a 96 bitrate track)

2) With audacity, re-save the file with a bitrate of 320.

3) reanalyze with VDJ,

And YES the Bitrate is updated correctly for the local file.

PhantomDJ is correct it is indeed just an issue with streamed files.
And this is not a big issue.

Update:
didn't need to restart VDJ for the reanalysis to correct the bitrate.

Mensajes Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 4:14 pm
Yes, didn't need to restart VDJ for the reanalysis to correct the bitrate, but you mustn't have the song loaded in the player. Then it works. Now is everything ok for me... :-)

Mensajes Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 6:11 pm